Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Red White and Green 4th of July

The next morning I slept in and I joined up with Timo and John for a trip into town. We shopped around for souvenirs, and Timo took us into St. Michaels Church. It was one of the areas 1st Romanesque churches, which was consecrated in 1156. Timo was our little tour guide, and was full of information. It amazes me how much history these people know, and how much a part of their life it still is.

We went back to the house, where Hans was making us lunch. We ate pork in gravy sauce, spatezel, and salad. It was another meal to remember. It was Timo’s birthday, so we told him we wanted to get ice cream or something to celebrate (because we would be missing his big celebration that weekend). So he told us first he wanted to show us some castles in neighboring towns. We went to two different castles, which were both beautiful. We walked around a little and than headed back to rest before the big game.

The whole family came together for dinner and than we walked over to Jochen and Karen’s to watch the game. It was Germany vs. Italy. So I was a bit torn…but having given it much thought I came to two conclusions. #1 If Germany wins it would be an experience to be IN Germany for their win, and #2 If Italy wins I would see the final game in Italy. So it was a win-win situation.

I was quiet for most of the game, because I am not a talker during games. I normally don’t argue with the refs because in actuality you are arguing with a box that has a picture of referees on it…it does nothing for me, or the teams (But more power to the people that argue).

My quietness intrigued John I guess, so right before the overtime John announces to the family, “Michelle has been pretty quiet, I think she is rooting for Italy”. By that time it was getting late and I just wanted someone to win (preferably Italy, so I wouldn’t be up even later celebrating), so I was as little speechless and couldn’t say much to break the silence, so I just gave a weak smile and looked on to the television. Well, what do you know 30 minutes later, Italy effortlessly made two goals and the rest is history. I was leaving the nest morning so I said my goodbyes to Jochen, Karen, Anna, and Janny and went to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home