Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Familiar Face in Florence

The few days John was in Florence it was hot and dry. We were still recuperating from our travels…so John didn’t experience too much of Florence. Jessica and I waited until the night to take him on a little walking tour of our city. First we took him to get the BEST gelato in town. Then stopped by the Santa Croce and the Duomo.

But John was more interested in other aspects of our city…the cars. I had told him about this one seater smart car which he was waiting to see. We turned the corner from the Santa Croce and there it was in all of its splendor and glory…a little yellow one seater.

I told John to stand by it so I could take his picture. But instead he said, “come over here and try to pick it up with me.”
Jessica manned the camera as I took my position on one side of the car. With a 1-2-3, John and I (to my surprise) lifted the back of that little yellow car off that ground.

All of us were hungry after our little adventure. But after an hour of searching for a place to eat, we decided we could make dinner at home. Our menu was pasta with tomato sauce, minestrone soup, parmesan bread, and peach iced tea.
All the cooking made the apartment hot which in turn made us tired, so we took our tired, hot bodies to bed.
The next day I had class. John stuck around my apartment and we met up at the travel agent’s to get him a reservation for his Germany overnight train…but what do you know…they were taking a siesta. So, I took John on a tour of the outdoor leather markets. During this tour he talked to me about accompanying him to Germany. Seeing as Jessica was going to Vienna, and Shannon and Amy were going to Verona, I decided I would go. So we went back to the travel agent to book an overnight train for both of us!

Once we were done at the travel agent we headed back home to get ready for the opera, “Carmen”. The opera was at the Pitti Palace in the Boboli Gardens. Scott, Jane, Melissa, and Junior met up with us at the apartment and we walked together. We all found our seats and waited for the show to begin. The group was a bit split up but Jessica, Jane, Scott, John and I were sitting together. It was a really pretty atmosphere and once the sun went down the weather was bearable.

The next day John and I were leaving for Rome, since John wanted to see a glimpse of it. So we went home packed out stuff up again and got some sleep for the next adventure we would embark on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home